Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing 5: Notetaking

I have never had much success taking notes digitally.  I see the appeal of Google docs for group notetaking, but for individual list making and notes in class, I prefer pen and paper, or post-it notes.  Nevertheless, I gave Springpad a try.  I liked playing around with it.  I made a list of things to do and books I want to read (a shorter version of my Goodreads list).  I found the user interface easy to use, and I like that I can cross things off my list when done, but honestly I don't see this being very useful in my personal life.

What I would like to play around with are note taking apps for students working on research papers.  My school does not subscribe to Noodle Tools, but I know that many do.  I see that they have an iPad app in Beta, and I think that would be interesting to try.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I still prefer the "old school" pen-and-paper notetaking as well. The group notetaking in Google Docs is useful to help catch details when things are moving quickly, but I find myself getting distracted when words start appearing randomly around what I'm writing! I will have to give Springpad a try, and I'm looking forward to future posts. Don't forget to email minn23@gmail.com to ask for your badge since you've reached Thing 5!

    ReplyDelete