Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 9: Taking and Editing Photos

Like most people, I have ditched my camera (where is that thing, anyway?) because my phone is always with me and the picture quality seems just fine for my needs.  I think this is a real generational gap.  My parents constantly lament that I don't have any pictures to give them.  I tend to take photos on my camera, download them to my iPhoto folders on my computer, maybe post a few to Facebook, and forget about the rest.  My digital photo management is truly terrible.  I have no rhyme or reason to how I store them, and I just need to sit down for a month or two and sort them all out.

Anyway, for this Thing, I downloaded LINE camera onto my iPhone. It is a cheerful little app with the bear and bunny announcing that we are going to "start the fun!"  There are a lot of filters to choose from, too many to really see much of a difference, but I loved that you can add text easily and draw on the pictures.  Of course, they want to make money, so fancy frames and such cost money, but I can see myself using this app quite a bit. It is much more intuitive (and much less expensive) than Photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment