Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 19: Hobbies

I am not a sports' fan, but I live with a couple of them, so I will be sure to share those apps with my loved ones.  Instead, I am more interested in the two wine apps!  We are heading to Napa this summer and taking a ride on the "wine train," and I always tend to forget the names of wines I like, so perhaps I will find good use for those apps during that trip.

For now, though, I explored Spotify.  My husband has this on his phone; I have never gotten around to installing on mine, so I was glad to have a reason to.  It is a great app, and I don't know why it took me so long. You can listen to Spotify radio stations according to music genre, discover new music, and share playlists.  I spent some time tonight listening to my husband's Bossa Nova playlist.  I can see using this app to find background music to pump into the library.  I think students really respond to calming music while studying.

I would like to listen to Spotify offline while I'm in the car, and get rid of those CDs for good, but that would mean upgrading to the Premium account. I went ahead and signed up for the "Free Trial" which I am sure will lead to yet another subscription in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment