Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 7: Content Saving and Sharing

I am already an avid Pinterest user, so it feels like cheating to write about this one, but I will comment on how I use it professionally.  I found that there is a wealth of information for school librarians on Pinterest.  Everything from pictures of library displays, to book lists, to tech hits.  I am "following" quite a few school librarians and have pinned some of my own findings as well.  I also use Pinterest as a quick visual reminder of the YA books I have read.  Right now, I have them grouped by year, though I'm not sure that is the best way to do it.  When choosing titles for my book talks during student teaching, I found it useful to look at my Pinterest boards to jog my memory.  Definitely a great tool.  I haven't used it with students yet, though I can think of a lot of ways that it could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment