Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 13: Presentations

Typically in the past, I have made my presentations using Microsoft's powerpoint.  I like the program because of its ease of use and the number of themes it has.  Lately, though, I have been using Google Presentation because of its ease of sharing and access.  I am less savvy with Prezi, though I have created a couple.  Though I have seen Haiku Deck presentations--and been impressed with them--I have never created one.  So, for this Thing, I explored creating a Haiku Deck presentation on the iPad.

I watched and really liked the YALSA App of the Week video about Haiku Deck.  It's great that you can easily incorporate Creative Commons images without going outside of the presentation to CC Search.  I love the search feature within the program.  There are 5 free themes, which seem to work fine for most, and the user interface seems pretty intuitive.  Though I will most likely stick to Powerpoint or Google Presentation in my own work, simply because I like working on my laptop better, I would definitely consider using Haiku deck with a class of iPad users.

No comments:

Post a Comment